Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Controlling high blood pressure through diet and exercise - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   hi
Doctor :   are yo uthere
User :   hi
Doctor :   Yes
User :   last week i found out my bp is high
User :   dont know what to do
User :   pl. advise
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   Age 35, Gender: M, Occupation: Marketing, married, Dep: Yes
Doctor :   What are the values of BP
User :   140/112
Doctor :   Ok dont worry now
Doctor :   You should check it once again after 2 weeks
Doctor :   after sitting for 10 min
Doctor :   and by a doctor
Doctor :   dont get the automatic machine checks
User :   okkk....
Doctor :   Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often?
User :   smoke...once a drugs
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems? Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma, Allergies?Any Operations If so why?
User :   no doctor
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   any family history of BP / diabetes
User : father who is 76 yrs has high bp
Doctor :   when did he get it
User :   when he was 55 yrs old
Doctor :   I really appreciate that you have take a right decision for the preventive health care
Doctor :   You should get the preventive part of health from this age
Doctor :   are you overwt?
User :   yes my ht is 5ft and 5 inches and my wt is about 70kg
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I think yu should take care of it very imp
Doctor :   now with exercise and diet
Doctor :   and some preventive health check up
User :   okkk....
Doctor :   Start walking for 30 min every day
User :   thanks....i am i am only 35 yrs and have high bp...think i have to take med rest of my life
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   Just follow the conservative measures
Doctor :   liek diet and exercise
Doctor :   take the help of the dietician
Doctor :   I would recommend you to take the advice of a nutritionist who can help you with the menu you require based on your diet patterns.
Doctor :   Get back to us after the investigations of aarogyam are done
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   aarogyam is a preventive healthcare investigation done from the age of 35 yrs
Doctor :   to predict the future risk factors
Doctor :   and then cut them at the ealry stages
Doctor :   Please confirm the details
User :   yes
Doctor :   so get teh BP check done by a qualified
Doctor :   perso
Doctor :   and start your lifestyle mod
User :   okkk
Doctor :   with exercise and diet
Doctor :   and get those investitation done and get back to us
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor