Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Continuously effected with UTI - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   how can I help you?
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. Please proceed with your health query
User :   I am frequently having UTI problem
Doctor :   ok
User :   initiall it came during my pragnency
Doctor :   ok
User :   after that last year december it came.
Doctor :   ok
User :   but i ignored and it spread over to kidney
User :   i went for systoscopy
User :   after that i had twice UTI issue
Doctor :   ok
User :   i am taking all precautions. i do not how can I come out of this?
User :   can you please suggest ?
Doctor :   what present symptoms are you having?
Doctor :   when was the recent UTI that you had, and what investigations were done at that time?
User :   when I have UTI, i feel burning sensation while passing urine
User :   last month & i went for urine routine. then found count as numerous. i took some antibiotic
Doctor :   please provide your age, location
Doctor :   which one did you take?
User :   28, bangalore
Doctor :   could you tell me the urine report in detail?
User :   it was augment 275
Doctor :   was anytime a urine culture sensitivity test done for you?
User :   i hope it was done
User :   but i have to check my reports
Doctor :   ok. if it was not done recently, then you should get this done, it will help in identifying the organism causing the infection
Doctor :   and also
Doctor :   which antibiotic it is sensitive to
User :   i am having water min 4 litre per day except juices and milk
Doctor :   such that it can be eradicated
User :   ok.
User :   is it because of intercourse?
Doctor :   discuss with your doctor about getting the culture and sensitivity test done, and also ask for symptomatic treatment of the burning
Doctor :   do you have any vaginal discharge?
Doctor :   if yes, is there any foul smell?
User :   No
Doctor :   ok, then possibility of vaginal cause is ruled out, but a vaginal smear test will confirm this better
User :   when I met my doctor last time, suggested one medicine (forgot the name) .
Doctor :   and if any vaginitis is diagnosed then you and your husband both should be treated to prevent re-infection.
User :   that i need to take 3 hrs before intercourse
Doctor :   and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment
Doctor :   what symptoms you had at that time? when was this medication prescribed to you?
User :   1 st week of last month. i had burning sensation and went for urine test.
User :   and cell count came as numerous
User :   puss cell count
Doctor :   you should discuss with your doctor about getting the culture and sensitivity test done, and also ask for symptomatic treatment of the burning, to resolve your problems
Doctor :   any increase in pus cell count and or presence of bacteria in urine does suggest infection
Doctor :   and a culture and sensitivity test both bacterial and fungal will help to identify the problem.
Doctor :   and proceed with definitive treatment.
User :   Does it clarifies the cuase also. i mean is it because of intercourse or some other issue?
Doctor :   it will identify the organism causing the problem
Doctor :   and if the cause is suspected to be due to intercourse, then both you and your husband need to take treatment
Doctor :   such that there is no chance of re-infection
Doctor :   and also use barrier contraception(condoms) while being on treatment
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   Yes doctor. i am noting down your points
Doctor :   also the type of organism isolated could help to point the cause of infection
Doctor :   to some extent
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   i have a question. if it is due to intercourse, what type of treatment myself and my husband needs to be taken?
User :   is that treatement just a medicine or some other?
Doctor :   it will be medical treatmentthat both should take
Doctor :   *treatment that
Doctor :   and the treatment will depend on the organism isolated
Doctor :   and vary from organism to organism
Doctor :   so at this point of time we cannot suggest which treatment would be given to you
User :   Ok doctor. next time when I get the infection, i will definetly fo for those tests.
Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   No. thank you
User :   bye
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service.
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   Can you please share your mobile number and e-mail id so that we may update our records. This information will be useful to us in case we need to send you additional information through mail or sms
User :   YYYY@YYYY and 0000
Doctor :   ok. thanks. your details will be updated
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor