Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Continuous and heavy bleeding with clots for more than 2 weeks - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   i have had my period for more than two weeks it is getting heavier and i have been passing a lot of clots. i have no pain, no cramps or back pains this entire time am i suppose to bleed this much? i feel weak all i want to do is sleep. i have been having to change my pad at least 3 times within the hour!
Doctor :   provide your age, marital status
User :   i am 20
User :   no married
Doctor :   is this the first time it is happening
User :   no
User :   its the first time it has happened for this long
User :   and this much
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   still you have bleeding
User :   yeah
Doctor :   do you have any other medical disorders like thyroid, clotting disorders
User :   no
Doctor :   i suggest you to take an ultrasound scan of abdomen and pelvis
Doctor :   You have to get physically examined by a gynecologist
User :   does this mean i wont be able to have kids
Doctor :   it is not like that
Doctor :   those who have bleeding are not infertile
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor