Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Congenital phimosis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   hello docter
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   iam.Dr.xxxx
Doctor :   Please post your query
User :   i m facing this problem of tight foreskin
Doctor :   ok since
Doctor :   when you have it
User :   since childhood
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   but i believe masterbation has loosen it
User :   30 yrs
Doctor :   ok so you have what is called congenital phimosis
User :   ok
Doctor :   which is the tight foreskin of your penis
User :   what should i do ?
User :   can u prescribe sme creams
Doctor :   for your disease
Doctor :   surgical option of circumcision
Doctor :   is the remedy
User :   any other option
Doctor :   yes for non congenital
User :   whats the difference
Doctor :   ones sometimes some steroid creams will work
Doctor :   for very few
Doctor :   then comes the option of preputioplasty
Doctor :   which is also like circumcision
User :   ok
User :   so what should i do
Doctor :   you need to get examined by a urologist
Doctor :   for detecting then extend of your disease
Doctor :   do you have painful erections?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok good
Doctor :   so you have very minor
Doctor :   \disease
User :   ok
Doctor :   which can be corrected by a simple
User :   ????
Doctor :   surgery
Doctor :   called circumcision
Doctor :   done as day care surgery
User :   what if i do not want surgery
Doctor :   done under local anesthesia
Doctor :   you need to discuss
Doctor :   with your urologist
User :   will only masterbation will not help
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   masturbation has nothing to do
Doctor :   your erection amy not be good
User :   how much the foreskin should retract
Doctor :   till your
Doctor :   glans are fully visible
User :   u mean the entire pennis or only its head ring
Doctor :   so for some
Doctor :   its head region which is more red
Doctor :   called glans
User :   ya my foreskin retracts till there
Doctor :   but is it tight retraction
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
User :   skin slips up though
Doctor :   so you have a minor one
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is your erection painful
User :   no
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   so you dont need to worry at all
Doctor :   what you need might be a simple help
Doctor :   if at all required
Doctor :   so you may meet an urologist to get examined
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with now?
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting....
Doctor :   Bye for now...........
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor