Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Confirmatory test for detecting HIV - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi
Doctor :   good morning Mr.xxxxx
User :   i dont know if u remmember i spoke to u yesterday regarding HIV test
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   please tell me ur medical problem in brief
User :   my condom broke while having intercouse with a girl of unknown status
User :   am worried now and want to get tested
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when did this happen
Doctor :   how many months or days back
User :   this happend 2 days back ...i want to knwo if there is any tests i can undergo now to detect hiv
Doctor :   U can undergo tridot test to confirm
Doctor :   but u need to undergo ELISA after 6 months
Doctor :   to get accurate result
Doctor :   and confirm with western blot technique to confirm
User :   can u rely on tridot
Doctor :   it will take 3-6 months for the sero conversion to take place
Doctor :   is it 99.8 % accurate
User :   u mean tridot is 99.8 % accurate
Doctor :   approx yes
Doctor :   not 100% accurateDoctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello doctor
User :   where can i get this done
Doctor :   any corporate hospital u can get it done
User :   so i have to ask for tridot test is it or do i have to get a prescrption
Doctor :   done in most of the hospitals
User :   i mean do doctor has to prescribe this test
Doctor :   it would be better for u to get this tridot test done and consult a physician
Doctor :   u need to consult a physician
User :   ok
User :   can u suggest any physician
Doctor :   where are u located
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
User :   xxxxx
User :   ok
User :   is this a general physicain
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done while I type the information you needed.
Doctor :   are you there
User :   yes
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   so first i go and get the tridot test done and then see a physian right
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   irrespective of the test outcome , u need to consult the physician
Doctor :   whether it is positive or negative
User :   is there any particulat hospital i can get this test done...coz its very emabarassing to ask for hiv test
Doctor :   u can wish any corporate hospitals, ur identity will be kept confidential
Doctor :   nothing to be embrassed of
User :   ok
Doctor :   u can visit big hospitals like xxxxx or xxxxxor xxxxx
Doctor :   xxxxx
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok....
Doctor :   anything else u want to knowabout
User :   i have to ask particularly for tridot only right .......if i ask for HIV test they may not do tridot test right
Doctor :   yes
User :   ok thanks doctor
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   have a nice day
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor