Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Concerned about the swelling after Circumcision - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2559 Questions
User :   Hi,
I had a circumcision 2.5 months ago but i still have swelling.Can you please tell me is it normal or what should i do?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi Sir
User :   Sir did u get a chance to read my question
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Usually the swelling should subside in 1 to 2 months
User :   ok
Doctor :   I have few questions for your before I advise
Doctor :   Do you have pain now?
User :   ok sir
User :   not sever pain
User :   but some times little bit
Doctor :   Were you able to retract the skin over the glans penis?
Doctor :   head of the penis?
User :   not comfortabely in erect position
User :   so doc said i had partial phimosis
Doctor :   Do you mean after surgery?
User :   so circumcision
User :   no before surgery
Doctor :   I mean after surgery were you able to?
User :   yes
Doctor :   How large is the swelling?
User :   its only on left side
Doctor :   Are you married and sexually active?
User :   i am not that sexually active
Doctor :   Do you masturbate?
User :   i hv not after surgery
Doctor :   Do you have problem during masturbation or during sexual intercourse?
User :   but i hv gentle intercourse and was able to secret nicely
User :   no problems
Doctor :   I think you should not worry if you do not have problem with them
User :   ok sir
User :   i hv picture also of my swelling
User :   can i share it with u
Doctor :   If you are bothered only about the swelling, a re examination helps in giving exact answers
Doctor :   You can share with me
User :   how sir
User :   ur email id
Doctor :   You can send
User :   i can send it rit now
Doctor :   yes
User :   ok
User :   sir is something serious
User :   as i went to one urologist who was FRCS
User :   he said it will go down naturally
User :   no infection as such
Doctor :   Then you should not worry at all
Doctor :   It is not serious
Doctor :   I too feel that it should go over tme
Doctor :   time
User :   but sir i m worried abt swelling.Will it ever go
User :   i m very much tensed
Doctor :   Yes it should go
Doctor :   Please do not worry about this
User :   ok sir
Doctor :   The more apprehension about this
Doctor :   shall make you weaker and non confident
User :   i m loosing my confidence sir
Doctor :   I am very happy and not concerned because you have no problem with masturbation and sexual activity
User :   i hv not mastuburated till but hv gentle intercorse
Doctor :   If you are married or in relationship, I suggest you to carry on with proper sexual intercourse
Doctor :   Bye for now
User :   yes sir it is fine
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor