Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Concerned about the cyst on the lower back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   i have a lump on my lower back (left side) it is squishy to the touch and moves around. i feel a little hard spot in the middle when i push on it. it is 2 inches round. i have also been feeling a little more tired then usually lately. is this any cause for concern
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   same here
Doctor :   may i know your age and gender please
User :   32 male
Doctor :   so since when have you noticed it
User :   a few days ago i think it might be getting a little bigger
User :   there is absolutely no pain at all..even when squeezing it
Doctor :   is it painful ?
User :   no pain it just seems to of popped out of nowhere
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   well it does look like you might be cyst
Doctor :   now i will suggest you that DONT touch it try to pop it
Doctor :   as it can get infected
User :   is there anything i can do to get rid of it on my own....i just started my own company and do not currently have health coverage.....have been looking into it but it is so exspensive
Doctor :   all you need is a small dose of antibiotics
Doctor :   any walk in clinic can prescribe you that, and you would be fine
User :   and if it gets larger?
User :   was just concerned because there is a history of cancer in my family
Doctor :   have you lost weight recently
User :   a little but i have been trygin to lose a few pounds
User :   i am 5 11 170 i have been eating healthier
Doctor :   cancer does NOT presents like what you have told me
Doctor :   i can assure you that
User :   well that is def good news
User :   what if it becomes painful
Doctor :   well like i said all you need is an antibiotic course
Doctor :   if it becomes painful
Doctor :   that mean its infected
Doctor :   then again you would require a antibiotic course
User :   ok i will visit the cliinic, or call my doc and see how much the office visit is...probb the same as the clinic
Doctor :   yes moreover from what you have told me from the size and the symptoms there is noting to worry about
Doctor :   just dont touch it as it can get infected
User :   i thnk you for your hhelp and will def be looking for you the next time i come on here . and i def will stop palying with it
Doctor :   Your most welcome glad i was able to help you
Doctor :   take care of your self
User :   thank you..have a great thanksgiving and talk to you later
Doctor :   your feedback is always appreciated .
Doctor :   same to you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor