Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Concern about uncontrolled sugar levels - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   My Father (75 yrs) had bi pass surgery 2 yrs back and also suffering from diabetes. He has been taking insulin of 15 units from more than a month but his sugar level could not controlled. It simply fluctuate around 350. Earlier it was under control most of the time (under 200). What better steps can eb taken now. If sugar level will be controlled he is very fit regarding other health condition.
Doctor :   Hello.
User :   hi
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
User :   m waiting for ur gr8 suggesion
Doctor :   Did you consult your doctor regarding this?
User :   yes
Doctor :   What did he say?
User :   he suggest to consult with diabetic specialist withought killing time
Doctor :   Ok
User :   cardiac surgion has been taken care of him till now
Doctor :   Then you have to consult one,
User :   my father is currently now with me at XXX,
Doctor :   You may have to increase the dose of insulin
User :   generally he used to live at XXX,
Doctor :   And monitor the sugar level.
User :   it already increased from 10 units to 15
Doctor :   If it is not controlled, then you can increase it more.
User :   my dr. told it may be insulin resistance
User :   for this i need the confidence given by dr.
Doctor :   You have to look in that point also.
User :   myself can't increase
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor