Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Complications of Polymenorrhea - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I am 15 years old. ive been having my period once a month ever since i was 11. ive been noticing since november that it has been coming every 15-17 days. Now, in march and april, it came twice a month! When im on my period, i have unbearable pain of cramps and bloating. I have inflammation of my lower abdomen and ovaries when im on my period and when i dont have it. I dont have inflammation right before or after, its like in between. I lost about 7 pounds which is unexplainable because ive been eating like i usually do. I also get huge headaches with blurred visions and dizzines. I get nausea before i get my period too. I dont want to pay alot of money just to go to a doctor and them telling me that i am fine. Should i go to doctor?
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Let me read it
User :   okay
Doctor :   Yes you must go to a gynecologist
Doctor :   The minimum duration of a cycle should be 21 days
Doctor :   anything less than that is called Polymenorrhoea
Doctor :   How are these periods? Is the flow moderate or excess?
User :   they are flow moderate and sometimes they are excess
Doctor :   You also have signs of Iron deficiency due to excess blood loss
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor