Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to treat Psychiatric ailments - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Mental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions

User :   hello
Doctor :   Hi
User :   I am a 40yr old male with wife and 4 kids
User :   i belive i should have been brn female and the longer time goes on the stronger the feelings are getting
Doctor :  
I am on an emergency call
Doctor :  
Kindly bear for a minute
Doctor :  
User :   is there any meds i can take to stop me feelin like this?
Doctor :  
Well may I know the reason why u are thinking like that?
User :   i have allways nown i wanted to be a woman but strugling to keep it under control now
Doctor :  
User :   so?
Doctor :  
This is a pyschiatric disorder
User :   what do i do?
Doctor :  
which you need to accept first
User :   accept what 1st?
Doctor :  
There are different lines of treatment available
Doctor :   Firstly you will need to visit a Psychiatrist

User :   and?
Doctor :  
And consult him
User :   what will that do for me?
Doctor :  
You will be given certain medications if required
Doctor :  
And if not required
Doctor :  
then he will suggest you to undergo
Doctor :  

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor