Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Circumsion operation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hello Doctor,
I want to get my foreskin to be detached from the bottom side of my Penis..I guess the freenulum.. Can this be done in SMF?                              
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. xxxx
User :   Hello Doctor, are you from SMF?
Doctor :   No
Doctor :   Can you expand SMF?
User :   Sundaram Medical Foundation it is in Chennai..
User :   So, how do I get my freenulum detached..
User :   could you please help me out..
Doctor :   Frenulum can be excised by a General surgeon
Doctor :   It is a simple procedure
Doctor :   of 20 minutes
Doctor :   It can be done at SMF
User :   Oh ok, do I need to book any appointment..
Doctor :   yes, there is called SMF sugi centre in it
Doctor :   You can meet the surgeon
Doctor :   after taking an appointment
User :   I am planning to get it done next Sunday..Can you let me know any contact info, so I can get an appointment before hand..
Doctor :   You can call this number, -
Doctor :   and ask for an appointment
Doctor :   I think Sunday is generally a non working day
User :   Thanks a lot.. Also, I am not interested in getting circumcised, I just want my freenulum to be detached..
Doctor :   You have to enquire first
User :   ok..
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   You can meet a Plastic surgeon or Urologist in case you do not meet a General Surgeon
User :   Ok, Thanks doctor can I refer your name there?
Doctor :   Actually I do not have a personal relation
Doctor :   I just heard about SMF and the team
Doctor :   All of them are doing good
User :   Oh Ok..not a problem.. I'll book the appointment..Also, it is safe right? Sorry to be stupid, but just to clarify..
Doctor :   Whether it can be done on you, can be better told after a physical examination looking at the length of it and the problem you hve
Doctor :   So believe in the Doctor you see and go ahead
Doctor :   you should know that you have to abstain from sex for sometine
Doctor :   The doctor shall educate you on that
User :   ok.. I am not married, but I had a small infection there and I met a doctor neraby and at that time he suggested to remove the freenulum as he said that it is very tight and I need to get it deatched
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   then no problem
Doctor :   You can meet the Doctor at SMF
User :   Ok.. Thanks doctor nice chatting with you..
User :   Have a great week ahead..
Doctor :   Thanks and same to you
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor