Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Chronic eye pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am seeking medical help for chronic eye pain that i have been having for 2 months now that doctors have not been able to diagnose..
Doctor :   let me read ur query
Doctor :   have they done the pressure estimation of ur eyes ?
Doctor :   can u elaborate your symptoms of the eye ?
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   Yes i have had every eye exam possible. I have even had a MRI done on my head and they cant find any medical cause. It started about 2 months ago after some type of reaction from sitting in a lavender an chamomille bath salt. My eyes hurt. Sometimes burn. They stay red and my under eyelids are slightly swollen an one eyelid is slighty more swollen than the other.
Doctor :   You may be having allergic conjunctivitis or a condition similar to it
Doctor :   have u been takng any medications ?
User :   When it first started the pain seemed to be in the whole eye and around the eye but now the pain seems to be mostly where its the most irritated an that is the inner corner of the eye an the under eyelids
User :   I took a steroid dose pack an it didnt help much
Doctor :   does moving the eyslids hurt ?
User :   An i took a 6 day antibiotic treatment and the pain level decreased but didnt go away completely
User :   Yes... My eyes feel best when closed
Doctor :   In that case, you have some thing irritating the eyes under the lid
Doctor :   yu may need some ointment of steroid and lubrication drops, for the eyes to reduce the irritation
User :   Yea i tried the drops an it didnt help much...What type of doctor do you think i need to see... I have seen an opthamologist... Neuro opthamologist... Neurologist... No one has a definet answer. Who do i need to see to get on the right track?
Doctor :   a experienced opthalmologist will suffice
User :   Ok... Could a allergic reaction last as long as 2 months?
Doctor :   yes. as long as the causative allergen persists
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor