Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Chronic back pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

User :   hello
Doctor :   hi how can i help you
User :   I am so confused and lost as to what to do. I am 27 yrs old. I have had chronic lower back pain since 15 yrs old. It gets so bad that I am forced to crawl on the floor sometimes. When that happens I can not stand up or sit down. It is hard to bend over or sit down a lot. I have chronic severe pain. It never goes away. I went to the DR and they did x-rays. Today I got the results. The Dr said that I have spina bifida occulta on my lumbar 4. She said that is the source of my severe pain in my back. She did not suggest an MRI or anything. She said there is nothing that can be done. She gave me muscle relaxers. I do not want to live for the rest of my life on pills. Could it be teathered because of all the pain I have?
User :   I do have a fatty patch over the lower back
Doctor :  
okay spina bifida occulta is a disease of the spinal cord
Doctor :  
due to the deffect in the bony covering
Doctor :  
in one side allowing it
Doctor :  
to be covered only by soft tissue
Doctor :  
like the sheath , muscles and the skin
User :   So what do I do?
Doctor :  
one is enough rest
User :   I am scared of the nerve damage and I do not have insurance
Doctor :  
next is muscle strenthening without
Doctor :  
hurting or straining
Doctor :  
and avoid any damage to the part
Doctor :  
at any cost
Doctor :  
and any time and situation

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor