Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Chlamydia infection treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can help you?
User :   I have a quick question. My doctor told me to take zyrtec for a chlamydia infection. I already took azithromyocin
Doctor :   ok
User :   she wants me to take zyrtec and come back for a culture sample
User :   Is zyrtec supposed to work?
Doctor :   the treatment for chlamydiasis is a single dose of azithromycin
User :   Its a allergy medication
Doctor :   did the doctor prescribe it?
User :   I was taking more than one single dose a day for a week of azithromycin
Doctor :   ok
User :   Im done with the azithromycin and now she wants me to take zyrtec cuz I have mild symptoms
Doctor :   then be sure that atleast the infection is cured
Doctor :   if she has prescribeb
Doctor :   then take it
User :   She wants me to come back for a culture after Ive taken zyrtec
User :   but why zyrtec?
User :   its an allergy medication?
Doctor :   yes its is an allergy medication
User :   So why does she want me to take it if its for allergies?
Doctor :   well to answer that question

Doctor :   I need to know with what symptoms did you go to the doctor?
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor