Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Child's body feels warm. Had convulsion. GIve crocin? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2567 Questions
Doctor:How are you?
User:need some guidance
User:am fine
Doctor:please go ahead
User:my daughter is 02yrs 02m
User:since yesterday evening, we feel that her body is bit warm
Doctor:Does she have any cough or cold?
User:however when the thermometer is used, we see no temperature
Doctor:where did you put the thermometer?
User:the temperature shows 96-97 degrees
Doctor:In the mouth or in the underarms?
User:in the armpit
Doctor:Thats fine then
Doctor:Did you keep it for a full 2 minutes
Doctor:Then I think we should go by the reading of the thermometer
User:the problem is she has had convulsion in the past once when her temp was above 101 degrees
User:so as a preacuation, we kind of keep a tab on her regularly
Doctor:If you have a doubt, take her to a physician and get her temperature documented
User:is there any reason for the light warmness
Doctor:It can be just lots of physical activity or lack of water
Doctor:I dont think you need to worry about it
User:think that we are getting paranoid
Doctor:But if you think she has fever
Doctor:It would be best to take her to a physician
Doctor:It would also be good to give her Crocin syrup as a precaution
User:yup thanks
Doctor:We do that for children who get convulsions during fever
Doctor:What is her weight?
User:but without fever, would it be advisable
Doctor:Only if she does have fever
User:her wgt is 11kg
Doctor:Then for her the dose will be 165 mg
User:ie 08ml
Doctor:So that would mean roughly 1 and 1/4 tsp
User:just kind of getting my doubts resolved
Doctor:is there anything else I can help with?
Doctor:Have a great day ahead
Doctor:Bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor