Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child with loose motion. Not willing to eat anything. What to do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:hello doctor
User:i want to ask something about my daughter who is 2yrs old
Doctor:how can I help u today ?
Doctor:sure, please proceed
User:she is suffering from loose motion from past 2 days, today it has reduced.
User:but she is not eating anything
User:that is the big problem
Doctor:How is her activity , is she active or lethargic ?
User:ya she is active
Doctor:is she sleepy and inactive ?
Doctor:In that case, that is fine
User:no she is normal as she will be always
User:if she eats also she will vomit
Doctor:usually with diarrheal infections, the intestines need time to get back to a normal pattern
Doctor:during this time, symptoms like nausea, vomiting, etc can persist
User:what should i give her
Doctor:continue to give her oral fluids and high calorie fluids like fruit juices
Doctor:oral fluids in the form of, Electral
Doctor:should be given, to prevent electrolyte imbalance
User:ya i am giving her
User:but what about her a food?
Doctor:Has she been seen by her doctor ?
User:i did not take her
Doctor:since she has nausea, and vomiting, she should be seen by her doctor, who can give her medications to prevent the symptoms like vomiting
User:any food precautions
User:she drinks milk without any problem
User:but wat else can i give her?
Doctor:but keep it soft and liquid firm
Doctor:she can eat anything, that she likes
Doctor:there are no precautions that are needed
Doctor:** form
User:thanks a lot doctor
Doctor:You are very welcome
User:i have one more doubt, but i want to chat with some gynac
User:is it possible?
Doctor:You can continue with your query
Doctor:i can help u with that
User:hi i m santhosh's wife XXXXXXX
Doctor:welcome to XXXXXXX
Doctor:how can i help u ?
User:thanks doctor
User:i had Caesarean
User:my daughter is 2 yrs
User:i have stich marks and there it is paining from past 3days
User:it has become black there
User:because of what it is?
Doctor:Is there is any redness around the area ?
Doctor:how long has the black discoloration present ?
Doctor:are u there ?
User:it has been 3days
User:ya there is
Doctor:the change could be due to a possible infection
User:but it is paining
User:if i touch also it pains me
Doctor:you can take a Tablet crocin 500 mg , 3 TIMES A DAY
Doctor:this will reduce the pain
User:but due to what it is?
Doctor:if the pain is not subsiding, you may need a course of antibiotics to treat the infection
Doctor:the pain, as i mentioned could be due to a underlying skin infection
User:i will go and XXXXXXX the doctor. thanks for the suggestions
Doctor:You are very welcome
Doctor:take care and have a good night
Doctor:bye for now
User:you too doctor
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor