Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from high fever. Suggestion? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 04-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1562 Questions
Doctor:Good Morning
User:Good morning doctor
User:My daughter is 4.5 yr old
User:She is suffering from fever since yesterday afternoon
Doctor:Good morning.
User:Hi doctor
Doctor:Does she have any other symptoms apart from fever?
User:My daughter is 4.5 yr old
User:no other symptoms, but her temperature is 104F, we checked few minutes ago
Doctor:Have you given her any medications>
Doctor:May I know her current weight?
User:should be around 14kg
Doctor:Temperature of 104F is high grade fever and needs to be controlled.
User:we gave her crocin syrup couple of times yesterday
Doctor:I suggest you to continue Syp Crocin (250mg/5ml) syrup - 4.5ml now and repeat it after 4 hours if necessary.
Doctor:You can also wipe the whole body especially the forehead, neck, armpits and the chest with XXXXXXX warm water (spongin)
Doctor:to lower the temperature.
Doctor:You also need to visit your pediatrician who can evaluate her for the cause of fever.
User:Anything else need to be given doctor?
Doctor:Keep her well hydrated and encourage her to eat and drink.
Doctor:Other specific medications can be started after the visit to the doctor.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:Yes Doctor, So doctor visit is a must?
Doctor:It is essential that we rule out bacterial infections and treat it with specific antibiotics.
Doctor:I would be pleased if bacterial infections are ruled out.
Doctor:Hope you understand.
Doctor:Do you have any other questions?
User:Thank you
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor