Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child suffering from fever. What medication can be given? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 20-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:my 3 years child suffering from
Doctor:Are you there?
User:fever pls telme mrdicine
Doctor:May I know you the child's current weight?
Doctor:Since when is he suffering from fever?
User:14kg last night
Doctor:Apart from fever, does the child have any other symptoms?
Doctor:Did you record the temperature last night, if yes, what was the temperature reading?
Doctor:Apart from fever, does the child have any other symptoms?
Doctor:The fever can be related to any infection.
Doctor:You may give the child Syp.Calpol (250mg/5ml syrup) in the dose of 5ml thrice daily.
Doctor:If the fever does not reduce with this, then you can try sponging/wiping the body with XXXXXXX warm water.
Doctor:If the fever continues to stay for more than 3 days, it is worth while to see a pediatrician.
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any other question?
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor