Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child, stammering, difficulty speaking. Suggestions? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User: XXXXXXX here
Doctor:welcome to XXXXXXX
User:my kid is feeling difficulty in speaking
User:thank you
Doctor:may i know his age, and how long has he had them ?
User:his age is 3 years 10 months
User:we are observing this problem from the past 1.5 years
User:at the age of 2 years he was speaking fine
Doctor:can u exactly specify what do u mean by specking difficulty ?
User:some times he speaks fluenty.
User:kind of stammering
Doctor:is his hearing normal ?
Doctor:is his development normal, as per his pediatrician ?
User:60% of the time he speaks fluently
User:yes. he is completely normal and very active
Doctor:in that case, you need not worry
Doctor:he is still young and he will improve with time
Doctor:you can help him better, by encouraging him to sing tunes or songs
User:few times he is trying very hard to speak some common words
Doctor:sometimes, when he is anxious or stressed such things can haeppen
Doctor:when he is in pressure, it can occur
Doctor:so just help him relax, and do not point out his mistakes
User:yes. exactly
Doctor:if he feels that , people are observing, he will become too cautious and he will have the issue persistently
Doctor:help him sing , and with time, his speech will develop well
User:initially it started like that. but later he is doing it quite often
User:he do sing few songs that time he sings normal
Doctor:thats fine, not to worry
Doctor:as i said, singing is the best form of therapy for him
User:but today his teacher told us to consult some doctor. she said he is very good all other activities and only problem is this
Doctor:if you are in doubt and anxious, you can consult a speech therapist or a ENT doctor, who can rule out other issues
User:can you suggest some doctor in Bangalore
Doctor:where do you stay ?
Doctor:Dr. S. R. XXXXXXX Institute of Speech and Hearing , Hennur Road, Bangalore - 0000, INDIA
Telefax : +91-80- 2546 0405 / 2547 0037 / 2546 8470
Doctor:you can consult at the above place , which is one of the good centers in bangalore
Doctor:You are welcome
User:any other doctors
Doctor:Samvaad Institute Of Speech & Hearing , 18, SSA Road, 5th Main, 1st Cross, Near-K A I C, Hebbal , Bengaluru , 080 0000
Doctor:You are most welcome
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor