Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Child refused solid food. Is it due to teething? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 30-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
Doctor:Good evening
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:Good Evening Dr..
User:I am having a kid who has just completed 15 months..
Doctor:Nice to hear it
User:He's teething now.. and also he's not taking solid foods for the past 2-3 weeks..
User:is it due to teething?
Doctor:Yes,it may be due to teething
User:We are just giving milk and kanji..
Doctor:Please continue to give the same
Doctor:Aren't you giving him other foods like fruits, dal and rice?
User:for the past one week he wants to have biscuits which I am not agreeing..
User:could you please help me what healthy snacks we can give to him..
User:Initially he used to take but now he's not at all taking..
Doctor:You can give him biscuits, there is nothing wrong in it
User:sometimes he'll take orange juice ..
Doctor:Please give him food that he likes
Doctor:You can actually give him the normal food that you prepare at home
Doctor:Do not give chapatis and rotis
Doctor:You can give him Dal rice
Doctor:rasam rice
User:Oh.. Ok Dr..
User:Sure Dr.. initially he used to take banana, apples..but now only not taking..
Doctor:Do not give him hard food that are difficult to digest
Doctor:It may be because of the teething
Doctor:He may be in pain
User:Ok... Dr..
Doctor:Do not worry
User:Is it ok if we could give corn flakes like that..
Doctor:He will eat again
User:we had not tried so far..
Doctor:Yes sure
Doctor:You can give corn flakes
User:but he's liking cruchy snacks
Doctor:Try oats and corn flakes
Doctor:They are good for him
User:is it ok if we could give plain flakes or only with milk..
User:oats - will it not reduce weight Dr?
Doctor:Oats is good too
Doctor:give the corn flakes with milk
Doctor:It will help in better digestion
User:Ok... will try Dr..
Doctor:Is there anything else I may help you with?
User:Is multi vitamin drops to be continued after 1 year?
User:We had given only until 1 year:(
Doctor:There is no harm in continuing it
User:Many of the corn flakes were coming with sugar & flavours..
User:is there any specificication which to give and which not to give/.
Doctor:Ideally speaking, No food is better than home made food
Doctor:The grinded pulses, ragi malt
Doctor:nothing like home prepared food
Doctor:But you can still try them
User:Yes Dr.. until now we had never tried anything eelse..
Doctor:There is no harm
Doctor:So, why do you want to try now?
User:we are giving ragi malt and sathu maavu kanji only to him..
Doctor:You should continue them
User:Now he wants something crunchy..
User:he's liking Parle Cheeselings..
User:which is loaded with salt..
Doctor:Give him carrots, fruits to eat
User:that's why looking for a healthy alternative..
Doctor:Cut pieces of fruits are good
Doctor:That's good
Doctor:You can give him chopped carrots which he can eat slowly
Doctor:Stick to fruits and vegetables more
Doctor:Packaged food is not good
Doctor:All vitamins and minerals are available in regular home made food
User:Ok.. will try your guidelines Dr..
Doctor:Do not worry
Doctor:Home food is the best food for your son
Doctor:Try these suggestions
User:Thank you so much for your time and help doctor...
Doctor:It's my pleasure
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor