Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child having toothache. What to do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 26-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:my name is XXXXXXX
Doctor:Hello XXXXXXX
User:my son who is 5 and half yrs old is having a toothace
Doctor:since when?
User:since evening
Doctor:any other problem?
User:have just come form office
User:so i have no doctors to go to
Doctor:like fever, cold?
User:is there any temp remedial medicine
User:no fever/cold
Doctor:What is the weight of your son?
Doctor:You can give him 300 mg of paracetamol
User:there is a single upper tooth in which there is a decay and that is paining
Doctor:and you should take him to a dentist in the morning
User:would crocin do
Doctor:Yes, decayed teeth cause very severe pain
Doctor:Can he swallow a tablet?
User:till now we have given him only syrup
User:the crocin DS
Doctor:Okay, then you can give him crocin DS 6 ml of it
Doctor:each ml of crocin DS contains 50 mg of paracetamol so 6 ml will contain 300 mg
User:even though there is no fever, i can go ahead with crocin ds 6ml..just doubly confirming
Doctor:If the pain does not subside after one hour, you should take him to your nearest hospital
User:i will do that
Doctor:Crocin contains paracetamol, And Paracetamol is a very good analgesic also
Doctor:That means, it decreases the fever as well as pain
Doctor:and is the first line of medicine in many painful conditions
User:ok...thanks once again
Doctor:do not give your son anything cold or too hot
Doctor:consult his dentist in the morning, as he might require antibiotics
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor