Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Child having headache. What to do? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 28-May-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hi Doctor
User:Hello Dr
User:how are you
Doctor:How are you doing?
User:I am fine
Doctor:Go ahead please
User:he is having a minor headache daily for sometime like 30 mins to an hr
User:it comes and go away
Doctor:How old is he?
User:6 years
Doctor:Has his vision been checked?
User:can it because of raised ICP
User:vision was fine. we checked with his neuro surgeon
User:he said it can because of tiredness or because of playing in sun
Doctor:Was it checked by an eye specialist as children will need drops to be instilled?
User:yes an eye specialist
Doctor:It is extremely unlikely that his headache is due to an increase in the ICP
Doctor:when the ICP is increased to such an extent, the person will also have vomiting, nausea and will not be as active
Doctor:Rather, he would be drowsy all the time
Doctor:I dont think that is the case. Right?
User:no he fine other wise
Doctor:I dont think you need to worry about this then
User:only that he has headache sometimes
User:but how can we know everything is fine inside head
User:any check we can do
Doctor:Its not required
Doctor:Thats what I am trying to say
Doctor:Because if something is wrong inside
Doctor:There will be other symptoms as well
Doctor:The only way of definitively knowing the ICP directly is measuring it
Doctor:It is an extremely invasive procedure
Doctor:Alternatively, a MRI can be done to see the size of the ventricles in the brain
Doctor:But its not required at this stage
Doctor:You got him examined by his neurosurgeon right?
User:I raised a consulting request to one of the neuro surgeon
User:and sent him the reports
User:but he was not in town
User:and my request got declined
User:can someone else help me
User:and see the reports
Doctor:We have one available right now
Doctor:So you can post a query and we can get it answered
Doctor:You can upload the reports on the same forum
User:Which forum
Doctor:Healthcare magic website
User:i have uploaded on my account
User:i have uploaded there
User:2 reports
User:having dates on them
Doctor:You will need to pay for a AAS query
Doctor:and upload the reports when you post a query
User:ohh I dont have credentials right now
Doctor:Sorry, didnt get that
User:i mean to pay online
Doctor:I am sorry its not possible on the website, otherwise
User:actually i reach home at 8 pm
User:by that time all doctors go
Doctor:you can post it after 8 pm
Doctor:we will try and get your answer as soon as possible
Doctor:But maximum within 24 hours
User:will do then
Doctor:Is there anything else I can help you with?
User:just one more question
Doctor:Go ahead
User:See if its not a ICP pressure problem
User:why will it happen daily
User:and only while he is outside house playing
Doctor:It can be fatigue or maybe because you're paying too much attention to it
Doctor:It can be the heat also
Doctor:Or some weakness of the eye muscles
Doctor:Which can also lead to headache
Doctor:Its not something you need to worry about
User:ok fine .. let me then send the report to neuro surgeon
User:and see
User:whats his current status
User:thanks doctor
Doctor:he's fine
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me
Doctor:Bye for now
Doctor:Take care
User:you too
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor