Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Child has swollen gums. What can be done to cure? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jul-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Child Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1563 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
Doctor:May I know your son's age?
User:4 YEARS
Doctor:Is the swelling located to particular tooth or is the entire gum swollen?
Doctor:Is he having tooth pain?
Doctor:Is he running fever?
Doctor:Is the swelling located to one side/one area of the mouth or the whole of the mouth?
Doctor:Is he having pain?
User:one side
User:yes pain
Doctor:Thanks for confirming.
Doctor:It looks like he may have developed a dental caries or cavity.
Doctor:The swelling is due to inflammation secondary to the infection or collection of pus.
Doctor:It would need to be treated with antibiotics.
Doctor:As antibiotics are prescription drugs, it can be brought only with a hand written prescription from a doctor.
Doctor:I suggest you to take him to a dentist / pediatrician who can write the prescription for you.
User:please provide some prescription of drug
Doctor:In the mean while apply warm water compress using soaked cloth/hot water bag on the area to relieve pain.
Doctor:The medication can be obtained from a pharmacy only with the help of hand written prescription.
Doctor:Online over a chat, it cannot be written.
Doctor:Therefore you need to consider visiting a doctor nearby.
Doctor:Hope it is clear now.
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:no sir
User:o.k bye
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor