Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Chest pain with heavy sweating - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   my father is having pain in the upper left part of his body.. . he s having the pain during nights.. recently it has become severe
Doctor :   Hello.
Doctor :   Since when is he having this complaint?
User :   hello doctor.. my father is having pain in upper left part of the body.... he is having for the past 2 days
User :   he is 58 years old.. and having diabetes
Doctor :   Can you tell me the exact location of the pain?
User :   chest
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Does he have any other symptoms? like sweating, fever, etc?
User :   some times body sweats.. fever is not there
Doctor :   Can you rate the pain from 1 to 10. 10 being the maximum pain?
User :   2
Doctor :   Is the pain present only in the chest area or it moves to arm also?
User :   night during midnight pain was more
Doctor :   Is the chest pain on the right side or left side of the chest?
User :   he felt pain in shoulder in the morning while waking
Doctor :   Is the chest pain on the right side or left side of the chest?
User :   left side of chest
Doctor :   Does he have any breathing problems?
User :   no breathing problem
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   How long does the pain persists?
User :   pain is light all the time but during sleep pain increases
Doctor :   Is this the first time he is having these symptoms?
User :   first time
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   When was the last time you checked his blood glucose?
User :   6 months before
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Does he have any gastric problems?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Is he taking any medication for that?
User :   no
Doctor :   Can you explain the gastric problem in detail?
User :   he feels some problem in stomach.. before getting chest pain he feels some gastric trouble
Doctor :   Is it burning sensation?
User :   burning sensation in foot
User :   not inside the body
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   The burning sensation in the foot probably due to high blood sugar.
Doctor :   You have to daily monitor the blood glucose.
User :   v take the test 6 months once.. do v need to take the test daily. or is there anything available to test the glucose level?
Doctor :   You can get a home gluco meter.
User :   oh ok ..also is the chest pain a serious issue since it increases in the night v have a fear about it
Doctor :   It is available in the market
Doctor :   Take tab omeparzole 10mg every 12 hours( twice a day) in the empty stomach.
Doctor :   Also take digene sugar free syrup. 2 tsp after meals.
Doctor :   If the pain persists more than 3 days with treatment or the pain increases any time,
Doctor :   Get a physical examination , a x-ray and ECG done.
Doctor :   Did you follow what i have said?
Doctor :   It is tablet omeprazole 10mg.
Doctor :   Did you follow what i have said?
User :   yes i have made note of it.. he will take these tablets.. is it any serious issue tat v need to meet doctor now?
Doctor :   If the pain increases then you have to go.
User :   ok..he had his dinner.. does he need to take this tablet now or is it from tomorrow?
Doctor :   Take the syrup now, tablets from tomorrow.
User :   ok v will follow it
User :   thanks a lot sir
Doctor :   If the pain increases or he is feel too uncomfortable then you have to go doctor immediately.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else?
User :   how can i contact u again in case of emergency
Doctor :   In case emergency, just rush to hospital.
Doctor :   No need to contact us.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor