Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Chest pain, Allergy - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi, what should i do when i start getting left-sided chest pain?
Doctor :   get a ecg done
Doctor :   visit a doctor at the earliest
User :   am i talking to a doctor?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   is the chest pain related to ur food
User :   are u a cardiologist?
Doctor :   I am a General Practitioner, I believe I can help you within my expertise and If required I shall recommend a specialist.
User :   well, when i was young (around 12) i remember getting chest pain throughout the night and when i woke up in the morning i found having facial swelling what does this mean?
Doctor :   is the swelling still persisting
User :   no
Doctor :   was there sweating along with the chest
Doctor :   pain
User :   not that i recall of, perhaps some hives
User :   was that an allergic reaction?
Doctor :   swelling can be due to various reasons
User :   like?
Doctor :   allergy can be one
User :   like?
User :   ok
Doctor :   cardiac, kidney causes
Doctor :   swelling due to dependent edema
Doctor :   when u sleep on one side
Doctor :   many things
User :   well i am 31 now and don't have any complications so far
Doctor :   do u have blood pressure
User :   normal
Doctor :   r u diabetic
User :   no
Doctor :   it can be reaction to insect bite or some allergy
User :   ok
User :   should i go for overall checkup?
Doctor :   u can consult physician for chest
User :   or just a visit to a cardiologist do?
Doctor :   and show him facial swelling as well
Doctor :   get a ECG done and consult physician
User :   well that incident happened a decade ago
Doctor :   which incident
Doctor :   ok
User :   or is it just that i am turning into a hypocondriac
Doctor :   wht is ur current problem
User :   occasional dull chest pain, but i am not so sure, just a fear i guess
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have gastric problem
User :   yeah i have been diagnosed with IBS
Doctor :   get a ECG and endoscopy done and get back to us
Doctor :   or write to us
Doctor :   what medicine ur taking for the IBS
User :   endoscopy was done till the sigmoid colon and the mucosa turned out normal
Doctor :   so what would u like to us to do now
Doctor :   ok
User :   no medication, just some psyllium husk whenever it flares up
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   so how can i help you u now
User :   wondering whether i need a checkup at all
Doctor :   u can visit a physician or we can fix appointment for u
Doctor :   if u wish so
Doctor :   confirm ur details
Doctor :   r ut here
Doctor :   hi
User :   sorry, i am he
Doctor :   Is there any thing else that I could help you with?
User :   yeah can i know the hospital that u are chatting from
Doctor :   do you want us to fix an appointment for you?
User :   i mean i would want to know the name of the hospital first
Doctor :   we only provide online consultation
User :   i am curious to know coz i haven't heard of any such service in india
User :   is this a first?
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   We have a long queue of patients waiting to get medical advise. Please restrict your conversation to Medical queries only.
User :   kindly don't get me wrong but before I heed the consultation how do I verify the credentials of the person that i am talking to?
Doctor :   I am a general practitioner
Doctor :   from Bangalore
User :   oh ok
User :   thanks for your time, will get back when i need advice. it was nice talking to u
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor