Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Chest burning, vomiting. - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Peptic Ulcer
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
User :   Hello my daughter she is 22 years and suffers from gastic problem very often

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   what symptoms does she have?
User :   i want to consult a gastrologyst
Doctor :   I am a general physician.
User :   from almost 8 years she is suffering from gastic problem
Doctor :   you can discuss her problem with me, if needed i will refer to a gastroenterologist
User :   ok
Doctor :   if you want to directly consult with gastroenterologist , i will provide you the correct link
User :   i am giving to her
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   he is not online i beleaf
User :   so i am there with u
Doctor :   Yes, he is available on Phone-Call and Email
User :   she dosent have any interest in eating
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Has she take any medication ?
Doctor :   taken*
User :   yes many a time she has taken medicine according to doctors pres
User :   but its works perfectly ok then as the medicine stops it resumes back
Doctor :   what investigations have been done for her uptil now/
Doctor :   how long does she take medications once prescribed?
User :   many type of test blood
User :   as said by the doctor
User :   can u suggest some test so that we can carry out and then consult with u
User :   her age is 22 years
User :   are u there
User :   continous she has a chestburn
Doctor :   how long does she take medications once prescribed?
Doctor :   what were the blood test results? what tests were done?
User :   as said by the doctors she takes the medicine
User :   right now i dont have the reports in front of me
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   has she consulted with gastroenterologist?
Doctor :   was endoscopy done to see what damage has occurred?
User :   stool never gets clear even in every 50 hours
User :   no
Doctor :   then i suggest that she should be examined by a gastroenterologist first, and then a endoscopy done to see the extent of her problems
User :   ok
Doctor :   the chest burning that she has could be due to acid reflux
User :   yes
Doctor :   and chronic acid reflux can damage esophageal mucosa which will lead to more worsening
User :   from last two days she is in a bad state continous chestburn vomiting
Doctor :   she has to be on continuos treatment for 2-3 months time
User :   ok
Doctor :   the endoscopy done should also look for H. Pylori infection, and if found, shul dbe treated with antibiotics
Doctor :   and further gastritis treatment should be prescribed.
Doctor :   is she on any medication now?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok.
Doctor :   is she able to tolerate fluids? or is she vomiting even with taking fluids?
User :   thankyou doctor u r good name
Doctor :   I am Dr. AAAAAAA I have introduced myself at the beginning of your discussion.
User :   she is taking fluids but not having any charm to eat
Doctor :   ok, in that case you can give her Digene syrup, 20ml 2-3 times a day before food, to relieve her symptoms a bit.
Doctor :   let her continue to take fluids except milk and citrus fruit juices
User :   thank you what about her normal food habit
Doctor :   start slowly with simple easily digestable foods like AAAAAAA kchichdi
User :   is mausambi juice is good
Doctor :   in the meantime schedule appointment with gastroenterologist, and go ahead with examination and further inf=vestigatins
Doctor :   to start her on definitive treatment
Doctor :   musambi juice might induce vomiting again, give her diluted musambi juice.
User :   thankyou very much Dr. AAAAAAA
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   i will consult a gastroenterologist
User :   thanks for now
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
User :   how can i report u later
Doctor :   you can come for live chat and ask for me
Doctor :   if you want to discuss any further queries
Doctor :   in my absence my collegues will help you
User :   thank you very much
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor