Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Change in medicine for diabetes - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Diabetes
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   are you there
User :   I am a 36 year Old Male , I have been detected with Diabetes two year ago. for the past 6 months my Blood sugar levels are high around 125 to 144 fasting blood sugar. I am taking 1 and 1/d tablets of metamorphin 500 mg but it is not coming down I am irregularly doing walking atleast 4 times a week for 4.8 Km May kindly suggest change is medicine
Doctor :   apart fronm the medications you need to have a diet which is less in carbohydrates to maintain the sugar level
Doctor :   since when you are taking medications?
User :   taking medicines since 2 years
Doctor :   if you are sugars are not controlled you can ask your doctor to change the medications or adjust the dose or add another medicine to the following

Doctor :   excercises are very important also
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor