Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Chances of getting yeast infection by unprotected sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   hi doctor
User :   i will like to know
User :   if my girlfriend have a yeast will i get it alos
User :   also
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   ok
User :   we have unprotected sex
Doctor :   since how long she has yeast infection
User :   an how will i know if i have it
Doctor :   yes u can get the infection
User :   1 year
Doctor :   It's possible for a man to contract a genital yeast infection if he has unprotected sexual intercourse with a partner who has a genital yeast infection
Doctor :   reddish rash, itching or burning at the tip of the penis
Doctor :   these are th4e symptoms u can get
User :   ok
Doctor :   most commonly to get yeast infection
User :   but if i am not getting any of these of these symptoms
Doctor :   ur immunity should be imparied
Doctor :   like in HIV or diabetes
Doctor :   it is extremely rare to get yeast infection in normal individuals
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   If you and your partner have symptoms of genital yeast infection, it's important that you both be treated.
User :   could i take the same tablets she takes for the infection
Doctor :   you may keep reinfecting each other so you refrain from sexual contact until all signs and symptoms of the infection are gone.
User :   ok
Doctor :   u need to see physician
Doctor :   he will treat
User :   antibiotics can work
Doctor :   with appropriate medicine
Doctor :   antifungal are used against yeast
Doctor :   antifungal treatment

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor