Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Central Retinal Artery Occlusion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   hi
User :   hi
User :   i want to know about a eye disorder
Doctor :   ok.
User :   whate is CRAO
Doctor :   Central Retinal Artery Occlusion.
Doctor :   The Blood vessel Supplying the retina will get occluded due to any reason..Thrombosis or Ischemia or any other
Doctor :   and hence because of this the Retina that detects the Light will die and so the vision gets occluded..
User :   so a person can loss the vison compleatly
Doctor :   Yes it will be the outcome..
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
Doctor :   Visual loss from CRAO occurs from the loss of blood supply to the inner layer of the retina.
User :   oki if it has effected any person's one eye, what are the chances of getting other eye also
Doctor :   It will depend on the causes that are causing the Arterry occlusion..
User :   is their chances of curing this
Doctor :   Ocular massage
Doctor :   Anterior chamber paracentesis
Doctor :   Intra-arterial fibrinolysis
Doctor :   are few measures that are used..
Doctor :   # Immediate lowering of intraocular pressure includes acetazolamide
Doctor :   is the first and the most important be done..
Doctor :   Hyperbaric medicine
Doctor :   Hyperbaric O2 inhalation will be teh earliest treatment that can be initiated..
Doctor :   are you there.
User :   ya
Doctor :   Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy may be beneficial if begun within 2-12 hours of symptoms.
Doctor :   Is there any thing that you would like to know in particular.about this..
User :   well one of my friend is suffering from this, so i wanted to know if this will also effect his other eye
Doctor :   Please fill this Feed back form I send, while I type the necessary information, say done when done.
User :   oki
Doctor :   Yes since it has the Medical illness as the cause for the condition then there are greater chances for it to affect the other eye too..
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   oki,can i donation will help in this
Doctor :   I Did not get you ..
User :   if some one donate eye to him, can it get cured
Doctor :   We can refer you to the Best Institute for this condition..
Doctor :   No since the Medical cause needs to be addressed.
User :   oki
Doctor :   and then only any cure can be obtained..
User :   oki
Doctor :   Systemic hypertension 2) Diabetes mellitus 3) Cardiac valvular disease
User :   which are the best institute for this
Doctor :   Cardiac anomalies
Doctor :   are few causes..
Doctor :   Which place are you chatting form
Doctor :   From
User :   pune
Doctor :   Since We are operational in Bangalore for now we do not have the Details in Of Pune.
Doctor :   For now.
User :   oki where at bangalore
Doctor :   Nethradhama.will be the most ideal place.
Doctor :   or Nethralaya..
User :   oki what will be the expencess
Doctor :   I do not have the details on that
User :   oki
Doctor :   for that kind of procedure.
User :   thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic, If you like our Services please refer your Friends and relatives.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor