Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Causes of irregular periods with flow variations in a 50 year old - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i am 50 years lady and having problem of irregular periods for 15 days and sometime twice in a month from last two years. is it the case of menopause.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   It could be but ioher causes also have to be ruled out.
User :   but i am afraid as having this problem from last 2 years.
Doctor :   I suggest that you consult a Gynec for a physical examination but meanwhile I would like to know
Doctor :   Is there any pain in the abdomen?
User :   yes.... jlittle pain
User :   but sometime but flow is very heavy
User :   and periods occur sometime 15-20 days and sometime 7-10 days
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any bleeding after sex?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I suggest that you take plenty of bed rest, eat more calcium rich diet like cheese and
Doctor :   milk
Doctor :   And you should get a Gynec check up
Doctor :   with an Ultrasound Pelvis
Doctor :   Are you with me?

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor