Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Causes for pelvic pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I am having movement and cramping that almost makes me buckle over in my stomache has been going on for over a week I know I am not pregnat and was wondering what could cause this
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :   May i know your age?
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   40
User :   started last week
Doctor :   Over which part of the abdomen are you having this discomfort - is it above the belly button or below it?
User :   Below righ above the pelvic
Doctor :   Do you have associated symptoms such as vomiting, loosestools, inability to pass stools?
Doctor :   Are you having your periods regularly?
Doctor :   Are you experiencing white discharge/foul smelling discharge?
Doctor :   Do you have any problem while passing urine?
User :   Hartburn and vomiting once in a while passing stools hard or running. Periods regular but HEAVY no on the discharge, no trouble with urine just more frequent and urgent.
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you had similar symptoms in the past?
Doctor :   Do you have history of diabetes, thyroid problems, uterine abnormalities, ovarian cysts in the past?
User :   No on the symptoms both parents insulin dependant,yes on the cysts and the thyroid was a 1 last check
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me explain to you.
Doctor :   From this far, without a physical examination, it is difficult to predict what the cause might be
Doctor :   However based on your description, I can think of the following possibilities
Doctor :   1. Ovarian problems - ovarian cyst - serous/mucinous cysts
Doctor :   2. Uterine problems such as uterine fibroids, endometrosis
Doctor :   3. Urinary tract infection
Doctor :   4. Intestinal problems such as colititis or diverticulitis.
Doctor :   Since all the conditions can only be differentiated by a physical examination and ultrasound scans,
Doctor :   I suggest you to consult a doctor/gynecologist who can guide you through the evaluation.
Doctor :   In the mean time, while you try getting a doctor,
Doctor :   1. Use analgesic/antispasmodic drugs such as Tablet Meftal twice a day to relieve the spasms.
Doctor :   2. Drink plenty of water
Doctor :   3. Watch out for symptom such as severe/persistent vomiting, inability to pass stools or very frequent loose stools, fever, discomfort/difficulty to pass urine, foul smelling white discharge.
Doctor :   If such symptoms occur, you will need to report to a doctor as soon as possible or to the ER.
Doctor :   Have you followed what i have suggested?
User :   yes I understand.
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   No thank you?
Doctor :   Bye for now.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor