Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Cause of strange feeling in the chest - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2582 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
User :   Hi, For several months now I've had a strange feeling in the middle of my torso, sort of between my chest and my stomach. I've always had a slight case of Pectus Excavatum, but this discomfort has only appeared in recent times. It isn't necessarily painful, but gets tender to the touch. It just feels like something is there that shouldn't be there, and this is obviously freaking me out a bit. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others, and I'm keen to find out what it is. I've tried to explain it to various people, including my GP, but they tend to look at me as though they have no idea what I am going on about. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly received. Many thanks,XXXX
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXX here
Doctor :   let me go thru ur query,
Doctor :   it may take 2 minutes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   May i know ur age, weight and height ?
Doctor :   And please mention any specific symptoms if u have ?
Doctor :   also let me know if any investigations like Xray have been done ?
User :   No specific symptoms other that what I have mentioned above. No x-ray. Had x-ray on my back, but not this area....
User :   I'm 28. 6 foot. 13 stone.
Doctor :   why was the x ray back done ?
User :   Slipped disc (L5).
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   please get an Xray of the chest to see this area
Doctor :   and try taking antacids like gelusil or pepsid for the discomfort
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor