Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Cause of painful red rash on upper thigh / groin area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Rash
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   my boyfriend has a rash on his upper thigh/groin area which consists of reddish lumps approx the size of a 10c coin, they are itchy at first but red to touch, what could be causing this?
Doctor :   are they localized to only one place?
Doctor :   could you describe the appearance of the rash in detail?
User :   both sides, but yes, only in that area, nowhere else in the body
User :   its like a circular lump with a pale pink colour, darker on the outsides
Doctor :   does he sweat profusely in the affected areas?
User :   not usually
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when have you noticed them?
User :   about a month ago
Doctor :   is there any discharge or ooze coming out of the affected area?
User :   no
Doctor :   i would recommend him to be examined by his physician to see what exactly is causing it
User :   ok
Doctor :   such that definitive treatment can be started
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor