Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Cause of itching on penis, painful retraction of penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   For the past 2 days I have noticed that the foreskin of my penis is swollen and the skin as well as the penis has some kind of white discoloration like spots. There is no pain when urinating but pain is there when the foreskin is puled back and when put back to normal position. Kindly advise what could be the cause and what kind of doctor to consult          
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr Mxxxx here
Doctor :   Let me read what you have typed.
User :   ok
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   36
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms as pain, itching or discharge?
User :   I have pain only when pulling the skin back or puting it back in normal position
User :   slight itching is also there
Doctor :   Do you have any other problems like raised sugar, BP or cholesterol?
User :   yes I am diabetic on oral pills
Doctor :   Did you have any unprotected intercourse recently?
Doctor :   Is this the first time that you are having problem in pulling and retracting the foreskin?
User :   yes, also the first time the foreskin is swollen
User :   no i have not had any unprotected sex
Doctor :   Have you checked your blood sugars recently?
User :   my wife is 5 months pregnant and we have not had sex for 5 months and I masturbate around 4 days a week
User :   I have not checked my blood sugar level in the last 4 months
Doctor :   The foreskin retraction is present in phimosis which is painful retracting and pulling of foreskin.
Doctor :   It seems more like an infection of penis called as Balinitis which can cause the phimosis to develop.
User :   what should i do
Doctor :   It needs a proper examination so that the Phimosis stage can be evaluated, also for penis infection you may require antibiotic course.
Doctor :   You should get it examined by a Urologist.
Doctor :   Who can decide the treatment accordingly.
User :   it is a serious case of infection, i mean is it risky for me
User :   for my health
Doctor :   Also get your blood sugars check sometimes uncontrolled Sugars also lead to such infection.
Doctor :   No it is not risky, only requires proper and regular treatment.
Doctor :   During the treatment avoid having unprotected intercourse with your partner.
User :   can you suggest a good urologist. I am in Bangalore now staying at a place called XXXXXXXX Town
Doctor :   Give me a moment, i will
Doctor :   Dr B M Saad and Calyx Urology CLinic, in Kumara Park
User :   ok one more thing doctor
Doctor :   Yes please
User :   my wife concieved through ICSI as i had some problems with my sperms. After getting pregnant she had a condition called subchorionic heamatoma and was advised complete rest. Due tothis we have decided not to have sex. I want to know is masturbation is a problem and will this complication of mine come again
Doctor :   No masturbation is not a problem at all, and cannot cause such problem
User :   Ok then I will get in touch with the recommended doctor Mr Saad and consult him for future course of action. Thanks a lot for your help
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
User :   No Doctor you have given me a big relief
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now.
Doctor :   Take care
User :   Bye and Thamks
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor