Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Cause of amenorrhoea - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   hey, i have missed 2 periods, and have been feeling drowsy and being sick for a few weeks, i have taken a few tests and theyhave come back negative. so im taking it that im not pregnant. what else can it be.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   20
Doctor :   Your height & weight?
User :   5.4 just over 7 stone
Doctor :   Ok, when & how many tests have you done?
User :   about 3
User :   and over the past 2 weeks
Doctor :   When was your last period?
User :   roughly april 24th i was on for two days the first day was really heavy the 2nd day i was really light then it finished
Doctor :   So you have actually missed one period. How many days cycle do you usually have?
Doctor :   How many days gap between each menses?
User :   28 day cycle
Doctor :   OK
Doctor :   You need to know that
User :   i need to no what
Doctor :   urine pregnancy test does not show positive
Doctor :   inspite of being pregnant, if done during the first
Doctor :   week of pregnancy
User :   if i done one last night doesnt that mean its past 2 weeks
Doctor :   There are few pregnancies where the hCG levels are below detectable levels even beyond 1st week
User :   could there be any other reasons why im not having a period and feeling the way i am
Doctor :   The best way to rule out or confirm pregnancy
Doctor :   is Ultrasound scan
Doctor :   Once this is done, one can bravely procede with other investigations
Doctor :   to diagnose the cause
User :   where im small framed could my hcg levels be to low for home pregnancy test to detect pregnancy
Doctor :   There are a lot of gynecological & medical problems that cause amenorrhoea(missed periods)
Doctor :   Hence consult with a gynecologist
User :   will i be able to ask my doctore to book me for a ultrascan or do i do that privately
Doctor :   The gynecologist will decide what has to be done
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor