Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Cause for two periods in a month - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hi
User :   this is regarding my girlfriend
User :   she is 17 yrs old
User :   she got her periods thrice a month
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   she got it last month and for this month
User :   the dates are 3rd 15th and 30 th of this month
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   but she does not remember the dates for last month
Doctor :   Does she have any other health problems?
User :   she is 38 kg and 4"
User :   in height
Doctor :   Did she have this problem before?
User :   five years back..she a cyst operation which one ovary was removed
User :   this is the first time
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   what could be the casue
Doctor :   I suggest that you get an ultrasound done
User :   she is in hostel now
Doctor :   The cause could be due to a hormonal imbalance most probably.
User :   what is the consequence
Doctor :   She may have to get the scan done to know if there is any abnormality in the ovaries.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Hormonal imbalances are corrected with appropriate medicines.
Doctor :   Is her height 4 feet?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   what will happen if she does not bother
Doctor :   Did she recently gain weight?
Doctor :   Irregular menses can be bothersome.
Doctor :   There could be any underlying problem.
User :   like
Doctor :   Which may lead to future infertility.
Doctor :   Like Polycystic ovaries,
Doctor :   as she already had an ovary removed due to cysts.
User :   i think she has gained weight slightly
Doctor :   It is better to get her checked once.
Doctor :   Is she having any increased facial hair?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   very slightly
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i think
Doctor :   Get the scan done and if possible get her THYROID PROFILE checked
User :   ok
User :   but you think there is cure of this
Doctor :   I suggest that you get the THYROPID PROFILE done at a reputed centre like THYROCARE as the results are reliable.
Doctor :   First the cause has to be identified.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Then based on that the treatment will be started.
User :   ok
Doctor :   I also suggest that you consult a Gynaecologist directly for physical examination along with these tests.
Doctor :   That would be helpful.
User :   i'm so worried about her..bcoz people always tease her saying you want have child in the future
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   thank you so much
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor