Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Cause and treatment for weak erections - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Hi, I am 28 years old and i have very weak erections. I have been masturbating since i was 12-13 years old. Recently i did a full testosterone test and i found it to be normal but low-normal. I have not had sex before . I will get married soon, i fear if i will fail in my intercourse and i will be cheating my future wife.          
Doctor :   Hello.
User :   hi
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
Doctor :   Since when are you have erectile dysfunction?
User :   cannot remember clearly
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   say around 4-5 yrs
Doctor :   Give me you height and weight.
User :   6 ft height
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i am slightly overweight
User :   i dont know the exact weight
User :   say 85 Kgs
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   were you able to get good erections before 4-5 years?
User :   would not say as good as when i was 15 say
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   but since 5 years ago , it was worsened
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   How is your work? Is it stressful?
User :   not really
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Did you consult any sexologist in this regard?
User :   no sexologist
User :   i consulted a physician
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   he asked me to do the full testestorone test
Doctor :   OK.
Doctor :   Do you have any other symptoms?
User :   like ?
Doctor :   Pain during masturbation?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you have history of Allergies/ Diabetes/ High Blood pressure/ Thyroid/ Heart disease/Asthma/ paralysis /Breathing problems.
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i had slight bronchial trouble when i was small around 4-5 years old, but no problems after that
Doctor :   Are you on any medication?
User :   Vitamin E capsules which the doc has advised
User :   after the test
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Did you use any steroids any time in your life?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Then we have to do further testing.
Doctor :   See look for the blood supply, etc
User :   that means?
Doctor :   To check if there is proper blood in the penis.
User :   ok. which test ? i did not get this
Doctor :   I would recommend you to consult a sexologist first.
Doctor :   Then you can proceed with the other tests.
User :   What are the tests i would need to do
User :   is this curable ? i would assume the problem is psychological in nature
Doctor :   artrio graphy of the penis.
Doctor :   Cure depends on the cause.
Doctor :   Once the cause is identified,
Doctor :   We can go about the treatment .
User :   but are these things curable?
Doctor :   Yes.
Doctor :   Most of them.
User :   but if it is psychological , what are the treatments? If i know consciously it is psychological , how can i change my mental make up ?
Doctor :   If it is psychological, relaxation technique,
User :   what is that?
Doctor :   Mental relaxation technique,
Doctor :   Anesthetic gel,
User :   before i consult a sexologist
User :   can u suggest me a few tips pls
Doctor :   First consult sexologist, let them Decide which way to go.
User :   ok. Also should i stop masturbation or decrease its frequency?
Doctor :   How frequently do you do it?
User :   once a day
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Then it is fine.
Doctor :   But first consult the sexologist.
User :   yes i will
User :   anything else ?
Doctor :   That will do.
User :   U hv any reccommended doctor in Kolkata?
Doctor :   You can go our site check out.
User :   ok thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor