Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Cause and remedy for gag reflux - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   hello
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   when do we start paying?
Doctor :   Mostly from 11 of this month
User :   could we still chat for free?
Doctor :   Yes it is
User :   after the 11th?
Doctor :   No there might be a subscription fee that you might need to pay and there are various packages
User :   oh
User :   wow
User :   my wife has a problem
Doctor :   please tell me
User :   i think she has gag reflux?
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Occupation: Location: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   34 xxxxxxx 130 pounds
User :   think she has gag reflux?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   What is her Symptoms if you can tell
User :   aroundher throat area when her food comes up she has a very weird cough
Doctor :   Hawking kind of sensation
Doctor :   or coughing
User :   kinda of could this get better threw to surgeries? she hates them
Doctor :   She will need to be examined by the ENT surgeon for the same and based on the Examination findings the further management can be discussed
User :   would this be a badproblem/
Doctor :   I do not think so as of now
User :   what can this lead to
Doctor :   There are many causes of Gag Reflex and that in itself is not a Disease so the cause need to be determined
User :   not causes any life threatning situation right?
User :   she needs to bearoundfor the kids
User :   we have 3
Doctor :   Yes there can be the once like the Esophageal Tumor that needs to be ruled out and in that case you need to treat it early
Doctor :   that is why i was not will you tell you the causes for the same
User :   wouldnt she be in alot ofpain tho?
Doctor :   but that is quite rare possibility for Gag Reflex
Doctor :   it shall be advisable to get her evaluated or examined by the ENT Surgeon for the same
Doctor :   ANd based on his examination i shall be able to tell you the next step forward
User :   this cant damage any airways or windpipe right
User :   she got scared when she first got it
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
User :   this cant damage any airways or windpipe right
User :   ?
Doctor :   It will need to be seen as to the cause if it is hyper reflex or the Tumor and based on that we shall be able to tell you the involvement of teh wind pip or not
User :   could this be serious?
Doctor :   That is what i am asking you to Rule out xxxxxxx
User :   how do i rule it out
User :   ?
Doctor :   ENT Examination
User :   could this put an endtoher lifeshes a crazy hypercondriactic
Doctor :   I do not think If diagnosed and treated early it shall be any where near Dangerous
User :   good tell her that she thought it was cancer of the esophagus
Doctor :   Please get her Examined IT shall be fine
User :   could that be fronm her sressing out
Doctor :   Since we have discussed more and over about this i shall request you to take her to the ENT physician to rule out the Various possibilities
Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
User :   to what
Doctor :   are you Back xxxxxxx ?
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor