Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Cause and cure of erectile dysfunction - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am a bachelor and experiencing erectile dysfunction -please suggest how do I go about diagnosis and treatment     
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
User :   I am experencing this past 2 weeks
User :   It was all normal before ...
Doctor :   ok
User :   and all of a sudden I cannot experience erection
User :   what do you suggest
Doctor :   when did you notice this ?
User :   last week
Doctor :   is there a small amount of erection or there is complete loss of erection ?
User :   complete loss
Doctor :   did you suffer any injury ?
User :   even if I get erection doesnt last long and its soft compared tpo rearlier
User :   no
Doctor :   it is not complete loss of erection, you are able to get erection but not able to maintain it
Doctor :   may i know your age and occupation
User :   yes and no
User :   I have to try hard to get erection
User :   age 30 years
User :   software professional
User :   I am a regular smoker smoke around 10-15 cigarettes daily for past 1o years
Doctor :   how about the work place and work stress ?
User :   I have some stress work related ..and kind of love issue stress
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   for how long do you work a day ?
User :   for 8 hours
Doctor :   and how do you travel to your work place ?
User :   I am pretty good at work and I dont thnk its causing any stress
User :   by my car
User :   10 kms
Doctor :   ok
User :   and work is easy
User :   may be love part is little stressing...
Doctor :   the dysfunction is more of an functional component
Doctor :   following is need to be done
User :   as its a one way love and ...I am kinda become indifferent to everything around me
User :   ok pls suggest
Doctor :   you need to undergo some investigations like, CBC, urine routine, blood testosterone levels
User :   ok
Doctor :   and a physical examination by the urologist
User :   which is the good hospital
User :   in banagalore koramangala
User :   i can goto
Doctor :   for this kind of problems you need to visit manipal hospital
User :   ok -I'll sta tomorrow
Doctor :   your condition is very much treatable and it requires some time
User :   what does this mean -
Doctor: the dysfunction is more of an functional component
User :   and how much time it may need for treatment - couple of days/weeks/motnhs ?
Doctor :   since there is no trauma and injury to the sexual organs as well as since you are young age where not affected by blood pressure or diabetes so there will be no anatomical component involved in the present problem - that is what meant by functional
Doctor :   regarding the duration of treatment, after the physical examination, and with the relevant tests than only it can be said
User :   ok Thanks
Doctor :   thanks for consulting health care magic
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor