Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Can sex be possible with testicle pain - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I am having a slight pain in my right testicle? can you tell me what can be the reason? am i allowed for sex?
User :   Hi
User :   are you there?
User :   Hi, I have seen your query
User :   ok
User :   May I as you a few questions pertaining to your problem ?
User :   sure
User :   May I know since when you have pain ?
User :   2 days back
User :   May I know if you have any swelling in right testicle ?
User :   May I know if there is any itching ?
User :   how i can feel that?
User :   no itching
User :   If you have any watery material inside and differnt from left ?
User :   i am not feeling anything
User :   Ok.
User :   may be i dont know also
User :   Do you see any conspicuous veins or any thick cord like swelling ?
User :   no
User :   Ok.
User :   Do you feel any pain aggravted on cough ?
User :   right one little bit tight compared to left
User :   May I know your age please ?
User :   25
User :   And are you sexually active ?
User :   not always
User :   in 2 mnths
User :   Ok.
User :   i mean 2-3 mnths
User :   Did you have nay injury in the last couple of days or prior to it ?
User :   like?
User :   Any injury , like hurting your scrotum or very violent sexual intercourse , etc. ?
User :   no
User :   Ok.
User :   I would say that the pain can vary and i would give you a differential diagnosis as it becmes very difficult for anyone to diagnose without physically examine the problem.
User :   I would give you the following possibilities : User :   1. Hydrocele
User :   2. Varicocele
User :   3.Epidydymitis
User :   4. Unilateral hernia
User :   5. Orchitis
User :   Do you have nay fever or enlarged lymph glands in the groin ?
User :   no
User :   Ok, I would then go with 1,2,3 or 4.
User :   ok
User :   this will affect fertility?
User :   I would suggest you to show to an experienced general surgeon or urologist.
User :   and how can i recover from it?
User :   No , as it is in the initial stage, it wont.
User :   Please get a consultation from the above mentioned doctor immediately and nothing to worry.
User :   and i can have sex in one or two days
User :   No, Please abstain, you may aggravate the problem.
User :   no ..i want to
User :   I did not understand by this statement.
User :   can you suggest some antibiotics
User :   atleast for two days
User :   I am not supposed to give antibiotics or prescribe a prescription drug as it is against medical ethics and is against medical law to give drugs on chat.
User :   I shall give you OTC Medication.
User :   ok
User :   1. Dolo 650 mg. tab. thrice daily for 3 days
User : least 2 days i can have sex ?
User :   2. Electral powder ORS three per day
User :   ok
User :   I have clearly specified you to wait for 3 days , till it subsides, if it does not reduce by 3 days of this medication, then it has to be evaluated by a urologist and you have to wait to have an intercourse, and if you want to go ahead, it is totally your decision to go ahead and take risk.
User :   Hope you have followed, Please let me know if you have anything else to ask ?
User :   in 3 days if i am doing sex , pain will increase?
User :   My dear , i have told you again and again, that please wait till your symptoms subside.
User :   This is very simple.
User :   If they dont subside and you want to have , it is your decision, i dont advise .
User :   Hope you have followed.
User :   thts wht i am asking...if i am doing so pain will increase?
User :   It may increase .
User :   and what can be the after effects?
User :   i am just asking
User :   I would not be able to say the exact after affects as i cannot make a definitive diagnosis, but i would say in case of hernia, emidyddymitis or varicocele, the situation may worsen and lead to complications, especially in hernia.
User :   It can cause bowel movement complication, gangrene, and septicemia and systemic complications
User :   Do you have anything else i can help you with ?
User :   no..thanks
User :   Thank you for consulting me, And please consult a urologist if the symptoms dont subside in 3 days
User :   Take care
User :   bye for now.
User :   thanks
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor