Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Burping and gagging problems - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   For about the past two years i have had burping and gagging issues. Alot of the time for no reason i seem to have the need to burp and those burps tend to turn into gags alot of the time when i try to burp. this has been getting in the way of my eating and drinking. And can be embarrising when all of the sudden i gag in public trying to burp.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   May I know your age and d
Doctor :   *gender?
User :   18 male
Doctor :   Since when are you having these symptoms?
User :   id say almost two years
User :   im not on any medications
Doctor :   Do you suffer from recurrent abdominal pain, nausea?
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor in the past(for these symptoms)?
Doctor :   Do you have any other medical illness?
User :   can you explain to me about abdominal pains. and no i havent i thought it was normal for me but now its causing discomfort more
User :   no no other illness
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   Burping is a symptoms of indigestion.
User :   ok but the need to burp and turning into gags happens to me all day randomly
User :   everyday
Doctor :   This is usually a chronic problem, however with proper choice of diet, few lifestyle modifications and antacid syrups will prevent these symptoms.
Doctor :   Let me put across in simple words.
Doctor :   The measures that you need to follow to prevent burping are
Doctor :   2. Avoid hot spicy food, reduce caffeine and beverage consumptions
Doctor :   1. Use antacid syrups such as Syp Mucaine gel 1 teaspoon thrice a day before food for 15-20 days
Doctor :   3. Restrict junk food consumptions
User :   beverage consumptions what do you mean by that
Doctor :   4. Regular eating, avoiding fasting with regular sleep are essential.
Doctor :   5. With these modifications, your symptoms should be controlled,
Doctor :   if they aren't then you will need to see a gastroenterologist for physical examination.
Doctor :   An endoscopy is entailed, if the symptoms persists.
User :   ok i will try these steps. Also i have one more question. This has nothing to do with the gagging as it was before my use. I use jwh and was wondering what your thoughts on the use of it are.
Doctor :   * By beverages, I meant coffee, tea, soft drinks, carbonated drinks.
User :   ok
User :   or well know as "spice" or k2
Doctor :   Apart from addiction, it has effects similar to cannabinoids.
Doctor :   It can cause various complications on the heart and brain.
Doctor :   As a Physician, I wouldn't advice you to use them.
User :   well thats why i use it. Im at a job were i cant use marijuana and need a sleep aid. I will obviously move to medical marijuana once im able to. But ive been using it for some months now and it doesnt effect my heart rate like it used too the first couple times.
User :   but i have noticed the addiction vs marjuana and slight dependency.
User :   the issue im having with it is the dependency. My body has become used to it and i somewhat need it to have an appetite and i dont like it at all. Can you suggest to me any ways of helping me get off of it
Doctor :   If your have significant drug dependence, you will need help from a professional.
User :   anything else
User :   ?
User :   have 60 seconds
User :   Well thank you for your time
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor