Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation during and after intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
User :   Morning,
My query: A burning sensation during and after intercourse. I got married just over a month ago, I was a virgin. it took about a month for my husband to penetrate me without pain or discomfort. Last night I experienced a burning sensation that increased hugely as soon as he ejaculated. We immediately stopped, I got the vaginal anti-bacterial cream and applied the cream. By this morning the burning inside had stopped, but outside there is still a mild burning and discomfort. I would like to know if I should rather consult a gynae to be safe, or if applying the anti-bacterial cream is enough. Thank you.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi
Doctor :   Let me read your query.
Doctor :   May I know your age?
User :   I'm 27
Doctor :   Do you have itching, white discharge?
User :   no, only the burning sensation
Doctor :   Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
Doctor :   Do you have fever?
User :   yes, the urine feels hot
User :   no fever
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Let me brief you.
Doctor :   You are probably having genito urinary infection.
Doctor :   The nature of the infection can only be determined by a swab tests or a urine test.
User :   ok, so a gynae visit is in order
Doctor :   However, since you have used a cream and your symptoms are reduced with it, it is probably settling down.
Doctor :   I suggest you these measures that should help you.
Doctor :   1. Drink plenty of water, it will help you in flushing the infection
Doctor :   2. Avoid sexual intercourse for a few days.
Doctor :   3. If you develop any of these symptoms - foul smelling white discharge, profuse white discharge, severe burning sensation while passing urine, or fever, you need to consult your doctor.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   i will begin right away with drinking lots of water, intercourse is on hold until this clears up. I will consult my dr if their discharge etc... thank you
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no, thats is all, thank you for your help.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now.
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor