Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation after intercourse - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Hello
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   Hi Dr
Doctor :   Plz proceed with your query
User :   I had a query,
Doctor :   Ok
User :   and well, I had a sexual problem, would you be able to help? or should I fix an appointment with a sexologist?
User :   or a gynaec?
Doctor :   I will try to help you to my expertise, plz proceed
User :   I have severe burning sensation everytime we have sex, I'm on a pill and dont use a condom
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   25
Doctor :   Where do you exactly have the burning sensation?
User :   And XXXXXXXX is 26
User :   right where teh intercourse happens, vagina
Doctor :   Since how long is this present?
User :   so right after he cums, it burns
User :   ever since we've stopped using condoms
User :   it has been there
Doctor :   Is it after the intercourse or during the intercourse only?
User :   After
User :   afterwards
Doctor :   Ok
User :   but the burning is so bad that it doesnt get better till a day or two days and so it hurts even when you're having it teh next day
Doctor :   Are you having any itching or burning sensation around your vagina?
Doctor :   Is this associated when you urinate also?
User :   nope, it only burns after the intercourse and when he cums inside me
User :   i can urinate fine rest of teh time
User :   i have looked up this over the internet and had seen lots of women posting this query and so read that its because of pH levels... is it really related?
Doctor :   This vaginal burning can be due to various reasons as yeast or bacterial infection
User :   but I've had it for over 4 months now
User :   is it ph levels?
Doctor :   See normal vaginal is acidic in nature and produces many organisms and different infections can alter this ph level and cause you burning
User :   What should I do to counter it?
User :   is there any cream or a lubricant I can be using?
User :   or a tablet?
Doctor :   Its long since you are having this infection so you need to get yourself examined by a gynaecologist, also you may require vaginal swab test to rule the organism.
Doctor :   You may also require an ultrasound and urine test
User :   well, it doesnt always happen, i have very irrgular food habits so sometimes its been there in these four months and sometimes not
User :   I'be had an ultrasound and urine test done and it all came normal
Doctor :   You should avoid having unprotected intercourse as it mat spread the infection to your husband also
Doctor :   Its not related to food habits at all
User :   oh ok
Doctor :   A vaginal swab test will be required ti see the causative organism
User :   ok
User :   for now, is there anything I can use to feel a little better?
Doctor :   You can wash your vagina with 1 to 2 tbsp tea tree oil mixed in half cup of water, teat tree oil is very effective in this.
Doctor :   Also wear loose cotton clothes, do not wear too tight undies.
User :   Oh ok, is this commonly available?
User :   tea tree oil
Doctor :   Yes
User :   Oh ok
User :   I would get that and also, a vaginal swab test
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   That'll be it, Dr.
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor