Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Bulge in the umbilical area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   I have a bulge in my umbilical area (belly button) that is tender to the touch and light red in color. I now have some pain in that area. What should I do?
Doctor :   what is the exact location ?
User :   in my belly button.
Doctor :   what is the size of that?
Doctor :   did you find any discharge from it?
Doctor :   Do you have any fever ?
User :   quarter size. I've been told it's a hernia but I'm scared of incarceratedhernia and the possibility of an operation (surgery)
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what is your age?
User :   40
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   In young age people there are chances of regression
Doctor :   but taking consideration of your age i suggest it is better to go for surgery
Doctor :   but it is a minor surgery .
Doctor :   No need to bother about it
Doctor :   Are you there?

Doctor :   It shows you have moved away from the chat, so I close the window. Please log in again for 24/7 medical help.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor