Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bulge in the hip area after a fall - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions

Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi
User :   Ok
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Last night I fell
User :   and on the left side of my body in the hip area
User :   and it hurts when i walk
User :   there is a small bulge
User :   but i can walk
Doctor :   k is there any pain
User :   the skin isnt bruised
User :   yes
User :   i have ice on it right now but it still hurts
User :   but i can walk
Doctor :   what is ur age
User :   20
User :   when im touchign it it feels like the bone
User :   which is probably a bad sign
Doctor :   u can get an X ray done and Physical examination
Doctor :   and get back to me
User :   yes. I am goign to go to urgent care tomorrow afternoon
User :   I have a doctor
User :   But what I really want to know
Doctor :   on movement of ur leg is there any pain
User :   yes
User :   i can walk , but it hurts when i walk
Doctor :   we can fix up an appointment
User :   that ok i'm going to take care of it
Doctor :   if you can tell me ur locality
User :   i'm just really stressing otu about it because i haev a broken arm right now
User :   can you please just tell me
User :   from what i've described
User :   do you think something is broken, or fractured, or a bone bruise or what?
Doctor :   no need to panic
Doctor :   is that pain intolerable?
User :   no
User :   I've been walking all day no problem.
Doctor :   if it is swollen and painful
Doctor :   it can be a fracture
User :   ok
User :   What happens if you fracture your hip?
Doctor :   hair fracture won't affect ur movements
User :   Because that's most likely the case
User :   Then that must be what it is
Doctor :   complications like infection
User :   So what I want to know is how a hairline fracture of the hip is treated
Doctor :   Get an X ray sone

Doctor :   u will have to get a pop slab
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor