Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Bruising in upper arm spreading to chest, spider like veins - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
User :   In the past 3 days I started noticing bruising on my upper arms, which is not normal for me I have never brusied before. I am a 40 year old male. Now tonight I am noticing also in my arms and chest bright blue veins that look bigger than normal                                                            
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   hello
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have any other associated medical problems with it like Diabetes or increased BP or increased cholesterol?
User :   Not that I am aware of
Doctor :   Are there any other associated symptoms with it?
Doctor :   like difficulty in breathing.
User :   No just the bruising getting worse each day
Doctor :   Do you smoke or consume alcohol?
User :   no smoking and very little alcohol
Doctor :   Is there any family history of any such problem?
User :   no
Doctor :   Is the appearance of these veins normal like on the dorsum of your palms or they have some typical spider like appearance?
User :   they do have some spider like appearance, and starts from the wrist and go up both arms and into my chest
Doctor :   You will need some investigations as blood counts and your peripheral blood smear to know the exact cause
Doctor :   It can be related to some low blood counts also
User :   do you think I should go in tonight or can I make appointment with dr in the morning. I feel normal. Veins seem to be sticking out more than normal,
Doctor :   This will help in knowing the exact cause
Doctor :   You can go in the morning and get the investigations done.
User :   ok thank you
Doctor :   Is there anything else i can help you with?
User :   no that was it
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor