Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Boxers' fracture, treatment for inflammation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   hi there i have broken my hand yesterday but unfortunatly im in the usa right now and dont have medical cover
Doctor :   ok
User :   at the moment i have it bandaged with splints
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   how did it happen
User :   but for some reason the inflamation haasnt gone down
User :   i punched something out of anger
User :   boxers fracture
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   it can be due to infection
User :   the cut i have is minute?
Doctor :   ok
User :   im also having trouble breathing as of now
Doctor :   have u taken any medication for it yet
User :   all i have taken is a paracetamol i dont hae anything else
User :   *have
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i would suggest u get an x ray taken
Doctor :   so that w can ensure that there is no displacement
Doctor :   are u there/
User :   thats the problem i dont have insurance because im just in the usa on hoiday

Doctor :   is there any abnormal movements
Doctor :   of the arm
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor