Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Boils on foot after dropping of boiled food - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi Doc have a question
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   I have a second degree burn on my foot
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   boiling food had fell
User :   2 days back
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   now the pain has shooted up a lot
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   I have just applied silverex cream
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   anything else i should do
User :   there seems to be water filling in the burned area
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   should i see a doc?
User :   and if there is anything i can do at home
Doctor :   As you developed boils in the affected area it would be better to see a physician.
User :   ok
User :   will do thanks
Doctor :   as you would be needing antibiotics and analgesics.
User :   oh ok
User :   shud i see general physician
Doctor :   Meanwhile continue applying Silverex cream
User :   ok sure doctor
Doctor :   General physician or a surgeon also can do.
User :   ok doc thanks for your help!
User :   cheers and have a good evening
Doctor :   Are there any more queries for me to help you with?
User :   no doc thats it
User :   bye now
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Take care. Bye.
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi sorry had one more question
Doctor :   No problem. Please proceed
User :   the foot doesnt have a boil as you had typed before I think you comprehended differently
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   boiling food had fell on the foot
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   now there is water oosing out of it and there is redness and a lot of pain
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   i shud still se a doctor
User :   i think it makes sense as walking is also becoming a problem
User :   so i shud see a doc
Doctor :   As you are having difficulty in walking it would better to get examined by a surgeon.
User :   ok doctor i will see a surgeon then
Doctor :   Meanwhile you can clean your feet with cold water
User :   ok
Doctor :   and apply silverex ointment.
User :   ok
Doctor :   Analgesics would be helpful and if any superadded infection is present then a course of antibiotics would be required.
User :   ok doc got it
User :   thank u and bye bye
Doctor :   Are there any more queries for me?
User :   nope
User :   bye now
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor :   Take care.
Doctor :   Bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor