Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Boils around vagina during periods - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hi
User :   hello
User :   How can I help you?
User :   I was wonder how i could get rid of boils on my vagnia durning my period. i have very bad eczema and my skin doc had me go to an oncologist to do a series of blood test and they all came back neg My gy doc told me it could be caused by clooged pores it very painful
User :   how many such boils do you have?
User :   3 in doffernt areas
User :   what treatment has the Gynecologist given you?
User :   she told me to use hot compresses
User :   Do you get it only during menses?
User :   yes only during that time but thr boils last longer than my period does
User :   Since when do you have this problem?
User :   May I know your age?
User :   this all started when I got my period as a teenager doc thought it was pubutery and before I became sexual active it come and go I'm going on 40 and I was test for sstd's in 2006 and all the tests came back neg and i have not been sexually active for the last 4 yrs
User :   So are you having this problem continuously
User :   from your teenage?
User :   i read about the bleach bath
User :   yes
User :   bleach bath is good for eczema
User :   but on the genitals
User :   it could be harmful as
User :   it could disturb the balance of the bacterial commensals
User :   & lead to vaginitis
User :   i also read that people with eczema can get staph infections and my doctors never considered this could it be a staph infection?
User :   Now, the only option is to get back to the dermatologist
User :   Yes
User :   have you been screened for diabetes?
User :   what should I ask my deratologist no i have not been screeded for diabetes
User :   Have nt you gone back to him once the oncologist ruled out
User :   yes and she was really stuck on this issue and did not know how to help me
User :   What other tests have you undergone?
User :   Do you have any other illnesses?
User :   i think the oncologist test for diabetes he took a lot of blood no eczema hay fever
User :   Do you have a lot of pimples
User :   on your face?
User :   i get pimples on my face during my period maybe 5 the most and when my period is over the pimples go away
User :   Ok
User :   Then definitely this related to your cycle
User :   The right persons to help you
User :   are the gynecologist or an endocrinologist
User :   but the boils last longer and sometime I get them on my armpits
User :   You may need a few more tests like
User :   Lipid profile,
User :   & Thyroid profile
User :   my mom had her thyroid taken out because there was a mass
User :   Please visit an Internal Medicine doctor as the dermatologist is not able to come to any conclusion
Doctor :   Hi,
Doctor :   Dr here
User :   Im here also
Doctor :   I see you had a chat with one of our doctors
Doctor :   kindly give me couple of minutes to read you chat history
Doctor :   and understand your problem better
User :   yes and you see my last chat session?
Doctor :   yes,
User :   is there anything you can expound on from this chat?
Doctor :   ok,
User :   what is a lipid and thyroid profile consist of?
Doctor :   Are the lesions on the vagina and other parts ( arm pit) of body similar ?
Doctor :   Lipid profile estimates the cholestrol and the free fats in the body
User :   yes but the boils on my armpits come less frequently when I get my peroid
Doctor :   thyroid profile asses the normal functioning of the thyroid gland by estimating the hormones secreted by it
Doctor :   Do the boils get filled with pus or any fluid ?
User :   so high levels of hormones and cholestrol cause boils. and yes with pus
Doctor :   No not directly related
Doctor :   either of the tests cannot come to diagnosis
User :   so how can an internalist doc help in this situation?
Doctor :   He may have to do keen physical examination of to find out any other signs which along with boils can form a syndrome
User :   do these tests consist of alot of blood work?
Doctor :   I do not say so
Doctor :   detailed physical examination in search for clue points to your diagnosis will be needed
Doctor :   still in your case i believe the cause is due to the hormonal changes during your menses
Doctor :   due to which the pores of the sweat gland get plugged
Doctor :   the secretions getting trapped
User :   endcroshould I seek a internalist doc or endcrinologist?
Doctor :   and subsequently getting infected by a bacteria
Doctor :   thats very good if you can approach both
Doctor :   integral approach will surely help you
User :   what is the difference?
Doctor :   also get a pus culture and sensitivity of the pus in the boils before going to the specialist
Doctor :   Internalist will relate the other lesions in your body to the condition you have
User :   from my gny doctor or dermologist?
Doctor :   where as endo will asses hormonal details responsible
User :   can the do the culture while i have my period?
Doctor :   GYn may not be of much help here
Doctor :   Yes you can do the culture during your menses
Doctor :   dermatologist may not have much idea about the hormonal influences
User :   I never went to these kind of doctors before what should i look for in approaching a good doctor?
Doctor :   and in your case the hormonal issue has to be considered as you get the boils during your menses which is dueto hormonal phenomenon
User :   is this problem common?
Doctor :   Yes , many women do come with but always misdiagnosed
User :   and can it be cured
Doctor :   Go for a well experienced doc
Doctor :   Yes, once when the cause is well ascertained
User :   How do I know if they are well exprienced which of my dortors could give me a referral?
Doctor :   Any GP near your home can be able to help you
User :   could this problem have something do with my period being irregual?
Doctor :   Yes, may be
User :   i've been very concerned about this problem for some time now and my doctor were unable to help me in this and i do believe they all have tried their best to help me in this and I do feel some relief with from your assistance
Doctor :   Thanks
Doctor :   do not worry
Doctor :   proceed as i advised
Doctor :   Is there anything i can help you with
Doctor :   ?
User :   I was very worried because there is some much information online and all the possiblities can have you thinking you have this or that
Doctor :   yes, they are always misguiding
Doctor :   and ofcourse create tension
User :   I wiil call my GP doctor on Monday and see if can assist in referring me to the two doctors you recommended creates an extreme amount of tension
Doctor :   do not worry
Doctor :   they will surely help you
User :   are there any penpoint questions i should ask some times my mind goes blank with an overload of information when it concerns my health
Doctor :   give a detailed history
User :   are there any test reslluts that I've taken in the past that i should bring with me on these visits?
Doctor :   it will help the doctor to arrive at diagnosis
Doctor :   its better to take all that you have got done
Doctor :   they will be of help
Doctor :   in better understanding of your general health status
User :   thank you for your help in aswering my concerns about my health and all my questions is there anything eles I need to know or advice you came offer at this time and for the time being how san i easy the pain for the boils I have right now
Doctor :   Hot copresses will help you
Doctor :   maintain good hygiene of the genitilia
User :   what can i use for the icthing?
User :   its not around the boils
Doctor :   Tab CPM 5mg once in night after food
Doctor :   for not more than 5 days
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor