Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Blurring of vision since childhood - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   how can I help you
Doctor :   are you there
User :   Hi there I have an eye problem... I cannot see very clearly since childhood... am using spectacles.... but last week
User :   when I woke up I could not see that clearly
Doctor :   ok
User :   now even with my specs I cannot see very clearly
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I washed my eyes repetedly
User :   but no use.... what should I do?
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependants: Yes/No
User :   28, male, IT prof, bangalore, married, yes
Doctor :   Was the blurring of the eyes all of a sudden after the night
Doctor :   or gradual
User :   when I woke up it was blurred...
User :   when I slept it was normal
Doctor :   is it progressing from then
User :   progressing?
Doctor :   increased blurring since then
Doctor :   ?
User :   no... same amount since then
Doctor :   Ok
User :   everything is hazy
Doctor :   when was the last time yoiu had a eye check up
User :   but I can still see
User :   it was around 4-5 months ago
Doctor :   Do you have pain or redness
Doctor :   in the eyes on pressing
User :   yeah little pain somtimes...
User :   no not while pressing
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   One minute
User :   redness also there little
User :   oh... ok....
User :   I'm back
Doctor :   Ok
User :   anyone there?
Doctor :   What was the problem sicne
Doctor :   you were child
Doctor :   that you are wearing glasses
User :   I told you I could not see clearly unless I wore specs
Doctor :   Ok
User :   Now its getting worse since few days I'm not able to see even with specs that clearly like before.... do you think Its serious?
Doctor :   Did the doctor say what is the illness since your childhood
User :   no... the eye doctor did not say anything.. he just gave me specs to wear
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   The blurring of vision with vision defects since childhood is something which should be addressed as soon as possible to the eye specialist
Doctor :   I suspect few conditions like Glaucoma, Macular degeneration
User :   oh god... its serious...huh?
Doctor :   It may prove to be serious
Doctor :   if not attended as soon as possible
User :   what should I do
Doctor :   this is certainly not left alone
User :   can I take some medicine?
Doctor :   We can help youin fixing up an apnt
User :   I don't like operations ...especially on my eyes
Doctor :   You dont need
User :   ok....
Doctor :   but let us know that it is still medically treatable
Doctor :   if not you may have to undergo
Doctor :   surgery too
Doctor :   Blurring of vision with eye prob since childhood
Doctor :   and that too suddenly
User :   I'll see an eye doctor then
Doctor :   Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often?
User :   I'll go tomorrow as I have a holiday....
Doctor :   You can use the search a doctor/hospital feature on our homepage to find a doctor in your area if Bangalore. If you wish, we can fix up your appointment with a doctor in your area.
Doctor :   Please dont neglect
Doctor :   Which area do you stay in
User :   no I don't smoke but I drink socially... I sometimes wonder if i'm losing my mind
User :   I have to go now
Doctor :   Please fill this form I send, While I type the necessary information, and do Inform me when done.
User :   will let you know how things work out
User :   thank you for your help
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
User :   this is something amazing that you guys are doing
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor